We are looking for experienced skilled carpenters to join our team. Successful candidates will be responsible for custom builds, working from design packets, managing timelines for fabrication, installs & strikes. Applicants need to be highly organized and be able to confidently run small to medium sized crews. Must be flexible with hours for installs and strikes. We are currently offering a three-month commitment of full-time hours with the possibility for permanent employment for the right candidate. There will be four periodic check-ins with a full review at the end of the three month period.
Square Design Inc. specializes in custom design, fabrication, and installation of high-end immersive environments. We've provided sets, props, and furnishing to clients ranging from independent artists and entrepreneurs to some of the world's leading corporations. we pride ourselves in approaching each and every project with structural integrity and artistic soundness. Our staff are not only skilled craftsmen, but also artists. We foster both a keen eye for detail and a culture of innovative ideas and solutions.
· Minimum of 5 years experience in the industry.
· Qualified carpenter or an equivalent proven work history.
· Work with all types of shop materials, power tools and machinery to produce orders
· Run, operate and work on all types of standard woodworking machinery.
· Must be able to read and understand build packets and technical drawings.
· Work within a strict time frame and budget
· High attention to detail and maintaining a clean and safe working space a must
· Creative problem solver for intricate design builds
· Ability to lift minimum 65lbs
PREFERRED BUT NOT NECESSARY
· Understanding of metals and plastics
· Drivers license
· Forklift license
· AWP Certification
283 4th Ave
Brooklyn, New York 19215